Supplier Code of Conducts
Coates Hire seeks to conduct business in a safe, accountable and ethical manner, in compliance with all applicable laws and in accordance with Coates Hire’s values. Coates Hire seeks to engage suppliers who share these values.
This Supplier Code of Conduct sets out Coates Hire’s expectations of its suppliers. Compliance with this Code is a requirement of conducting business with Coates Hire.
Coates Hire’s suppliers are required to comply with the following Coates Hire values:
- Always putting safety above all else;
- Respecting our customers and our community;
- Being accountable;
- Behaving ethically in all interactions; and
- Being relentlessly focussed and striving for excellence.
1. Health and Safety
Ensuring a safe working environment for Coates Hire’s employees, contractors and visitors is of the utmost importance to Coates Hire. Coates Hire’s suppliers must comply with the following minimum requirements:
Coates Hire health and safety policies and site requirements
Suppliers must, in the conduct of any work for Coates Hire:
- comply with all Coates Hire policies and procedures, training requirements and site requirements relating to health and safety;
- comply with all lawful directions given by Coates Hire’s representatives;
- provide all such information and assistance as Coates Hire reasonably requires in connection with any safety investigation;
- ensure that its employees, agents and contractors entering Coates Hire’s premises behave in a safe manner, are properly qualified and skilled, and are of such character as not to prejudice: safe working practices, the safety and care of property, or the continuity of work;
- promptly notify Coates Hire of any actual or threatened risk to workplace health and safety; and
- ensure that its employees always wear and use the required protective clothing and equipment and are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Law, codes, and standards
Suppliers must comply with all relevant laws, codes and standards in the conduct of any work for Coates Hire.
Documented policies, standards and systems
Suppliers must develop and implement:
- written health and safety policies and standards; and
- documented systems to record work-related injuries and illnesses.
2. Risk management
Coates Hire will prefer suppliers with comprehensive and documented risk management frameworks, which cover environmental, social and corporate governance risks. Coates Hire’s suppliers must comply with the following minimum requirements:
- Suppliers must implement policies and practices aimed at identifying risks, vulnerabilities and compliance obligations and must facilitate risk awareness and mitigation within their business.
3. Corporate governance and ethics
Coates Hire seeks to engage suppliers who are shown to have strong governance frameworks and who adopt high ethical standards. Coates Hire’s suppliers must comply with the following minimum requirements:
- Suppliers must comply with all applicable laws and regulations on bribery, corruption prohibited business practices; and
- Suppliers must conduct business in an ethical, equitable and professional manner.
4. Environmental management
Coates Hire seeks to reduce the direct environmental impact of the activities occurring along its supply chain. Coates Hire’s suppliers must comply with the following minimum requirements:
- comply with all relevant laws, regulations and standards on environmental management and reporting;
- implement and maintain a written environmental policy;
- establish and maintain a data collection process that supports environmental reporting and compliance with legislative requirements; and
- maximise the efficient use of natural resources, energy, water and raw materials and minimise pollution and waste.
- conduct business in a way that will minimise adverse effects on the environment; and
- promptly notify Coates Hire of any actual or threatened environmental harm.
5. Labour policies, human rights and non-discrimination
Coates Hire is committed to respecting and protecting human rights, and aims to support responsible labour practices that contribute to a fair and inclusive workplace. Coates Hire’s suppliers must comply with the following minimum requirements:
Modern Slavery practices
Suppliers must not use any form of modern slavery practice (including forced or involuntary labour, child labour, human trafficking, debt bondage or deceptive recruitment) and must comply with all international standards and domestic regulations relating to modern slavery, the exploitation or deprivation of liberty of workers, or the employment of children.
Equal rights and non-discrimination
Suppliers must operate an inclusive workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment, bullying and other unlawful conduct.
Legal compliance and workplace policies
- Suppliers must comply with all relevant laws and regulations with regards to human rights, employment practices, benefits, health and safety and anti-discrimination.
- Suppliers must have written workplace policies and standards that include equal opportunity, anti-discrimination, anti-harassment and anti-bullying principles.
6. Supply chain
- At a minimum, Coates Hire’s suppliers must ensure that any person or organisation in their supply chain complies with the principles outlined in this Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Coates Hire’s suppliers shall take reasonable steps to manage the risks of modern slavery in their operations and supply chains; and provide information and assistance as reasonably requested by Coates Hire about such risks and their actions to address them.